- Overcoming Muscular Resistance to Traction: there is inherent difficulty relaxing while traction is being applied. Research has shown that much of this muscle resistance is reduced with supine or reclined traction. This unit was engineered to maximize relaxation and increase the effectiveness of traction therapy.
- TMJ discomfort: The TMJ (jaw joints) are often compromised during traction with competitive units.
- Patient Compliance: Hometrac users follow-thru better than those using over-the-door traction.
BENEFITS OF THE SAUNDERS HOMETRAC:
- Allows users to receive the benefits of traction in a relaxed position customizable inclination from 15o to 25o at the push of a button
- Directs traction forces toward the occiput (back of the head) thereby preventing compression of the TMJ by forces transmitted to the chin.
- Provides a comfortable and cost-effective option to continuing clinical traction treatments.